Browse by Series
New Applied Research Factsheets for the Cariboo Region
Working with local partners and researchers, the Climate Action Initiative has developed the following factsheets to summarize recently completed applied climate change adaptation research projects, and more importantly, to share research findings and applications. These factsheets are the first in a series to ensure that the results of adaptation research projects across the province are shared broadly with the agriculture sector.
Three of the following factsheets were developed through the Cariboo – Agricultural Research Alliance Launch & Extension Resources project as part of the Alliance launch and workshop held on February 14, 2018, where the factsheets supplemented presentations by the responsible researchers. The Cariboo Agricultural Research Alliance (CARA) is a regional network that intends to continue to document and share current research through factsheets and through other tools, such as presentations, workshops and field days. To read about CARA’s other objectives please see the project link above.
The remaining four factsheets are connected to multi-year research and demonstration projects that were funded through the Climate Action Initiative’s Farm Adaptation Innovator Program (FAIP). Keep an eye on our website for upcoming additional factsheets related to FAIP projects from other regions.
Regional Implementation Project Documents
- Cariboo – Forage Variety Trials (2018 factsheet) (311 KB pdf)
- Cariboo – Soil Quality Test Kit (2018 factsheet) (464 KB pdf)
- Cariboo – Tomato Trails (2018 factsheet) (224 KB pdf)
Farm Adaptation Innovator Project Documents
- Adapting to Low Light / Low Temperature Conditions Using High-Tunnel Structures in Revelstoke, BC (2018 factsheet) (285 KB pdf)
- Effects of Various Plastic Mulches on Soil Temperature & the Surface Energy Balance (2018 factsheet) (304 KB pdf)
- Using Management-Intensive Grazing for Adapting to & Mitigating Climate Change (2018 factsheet) (4 MB pdf)
- Using Plastic Films in Low Tunnels for Modification of Microclimate & Enhancing Plant Growth (2018 factsheet) (301 KB pdf)