View Wildfire Resources
Ranchers and farmers can take steps to prepare for a wildfire event by developing a customized wildfire plan using the following guide and workbook.
The guide walks through detailed action planning for before, during and after a wildfire, and the workbook is available as a fillable PDF or a Microsoft Word document so the plan can be saved and revised as needed.
Guide & workbook
- Guide to Completing a Farm/Ranch Wildfire Plan (updated 2019, 2 MB pdf)
- Workbook for Completing a Farm/Ranch Wildfire Plan (updated 2019, available as 500 KB pdf or as 200 KB Word doc)
- BC Wildfire Service’s FireSmart Homeowner’s Manual
- Information and resources regarding livestock relocation support
- Information about wildfire recovery programs for agriculture
Creating Your Operations Map
Learn the step-by-step process for completing an operations map, an important element of a wildfire plan.
Wildfire Mitigation for the Farm and Ranch
Understand how wildfire can spread through a farm/ranch operation and learn simple, practical steps for mitigating this risk.