BC Farm & Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshops
Producers, wildfire response and emergency personnel, and local government representatives are invited to attend agriculture and wildfire risk reduction workshops taking place throughout the province from January through March 2019.
Producers will gain vital knowledge that will help them reduce their risk from the climate change impacts of frequent and higher intensity wildfires.
They will also:
- connect with local wildfire and emergency response personnel and with local government representatives responsible for wildfire and emergency planning;
- learn local wildfire behaviour, threat and history and how to apply lessons learned to structural protection; and
- develop customized wildfire preparedness plans.
The free workshops are six hours, and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Prior to attending a workshop, please familiarize yourself with:
- the BC Wildfire Preparedness & Mitigation Plan workbook (130 KB docx)
- and the BC Wildfire Preparedness & Mitigation Plan workbook guide (2 MB pdf).
For the complete list of dates, times and locations, and to register, visit our Eventbrite page.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.