Request for Proposals: Fraser Valley Agricultural Water Supply Assessment
The BC Dairy Association (BCDA) is seeking proposals for a contractor to work with local producers, regional governments and industry groups to assess the future of the agricultural water supply in the Fraser Valley. The successful proponent will be required to review existing information and consult with local partners to evaluate the current state of knowledge, identify particular threats or issues of concerns, and evaluate – using the Agricultural Water Demand Model – the impact of climate change on future agricultural water supply.
This project includes:
- Identifying agriculturally relevant gaps and issues of concern in current water supply knowledge base
- Summarizing recent water supply and quality challenges facing agricultural producers
- Analyzing climate change impacts and water supply/demand projections
- Identifyin key hot spots (geographic areas or specific supply resources) that are particularly vulnerable to climate change impacts
- Identifying potential solutions and opportunities to address water supply vulnerabilities and challenges
The project fulfills a priority action of the Fraser Valley Adaptation Strategies and will enhance the ability of producers in the Fraser Valley to adapt to the impacts of climate change. All work will be overseen by a committee that includes representatives from BCDA, BC Blueberry Council, BC Poultry Association, the BC Agriculture & Food Climate Action Initiative, local governments and the BC Ministry of Agriculture.
The successful contractor will have a minimum of three years direct experience conducting similar projects, including background scans, research and consultation, data compilation, agricultural water supply, hydrological mapping (GIS), irrigation, crop water demands and report writing.