Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshops Being Held Across BC
Farmers, ranchers, emergency personnel and local government representatives will benefit from attending our wildfire preparedness workshops.
These free workshops will help producers prepare their operations for wildfire while ensuring the safety and efficacy of local emergency response.
Participants will have the opportunity to develop a wildfire preparedness property map, which can assist in sharing critical information with emergency responders during a wildfire.
Workshops will be held across the province over the next three months:
- November 26, 2019 – McBride
- November 28, 2019 – Prince George
- December 2, 2019 – 100 Mile House
- January 14, 2020 – Keremeos
- January 16, 2020 – Merritt
- January 18, 2020 – Salmon Arm
- January 22, 2020 – Tarrys
- February 10, 2020 – Comox Valley
Each six-hour workshop will include lunch and refreshments.
To access wildfire preparedness resources, including the wildfire preparedness guide and workbook, visit our Wildfire Resources page.