Cariboo – Agricultural Research Alliance Launch & Extension Resources [cb10]
|Status||completed in 2018|
|Project Lead||Cariboo Cattlemen’s Association|
|Funding Partners||Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, BC Ministry of Agriculture, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, BC Ministry of Agriculture|
The increase in variability of conditions across the seasons that is projected to occur with climate change will increase the complexity of management for agriculture. Undertaking applied local research and effectively sharing the results will support producers with managing through a range of conditions.
Completed in June of 2017, the Cariboo – Regional Research Alliance / Organization Model project resulted in a model for a sustainable regional research alliance to engage the Cariboo region’s entire agriculture sector and partners in agricultural research.
The Cariboo Agricultural Research Alliance (CARA) Launch & Extension Resources project aimed to take the additional steps required to support the initial development phase of the Alliance, to solidify the partnerships and to put in place the “infrastructure” for the Alliance to achieve its mandate. This project included the following main tasks:
- Refine and further develop the Cariboo agricultural research database
- Share findings of recently completed local applied research through three fact sheets;
- Develop the CARA structure, steering committee, governance and future work plan
- Formally launch the Cariboo Agricultural Research Alliance through a workshop to share topical research
- Build local capacity and resources to maintain the Cariboo Agricultural Research Alliance