Risks & Opportunity Series
In 2012, the Adaptation Risk & Opportunity Assessment project developed a series of reports that detailed how changes to the climate could impact agricultural commodities in key regions of BC.
The five snapshot reports, together with a provincial report (available as a full length report or executive summary) provided a baseline of potential impacts to agriculture in the province. They also detailed the risks and opportunities associated with those impacts and outlined actions for strengthening resilience to the impacts.
The reports were developed through extensive background research and original data collected from 37 interviews and 12 focus groups with producers and specialists.
- Various agricultural production in the Fraser Valley & Metro Vancouver (4 MB PDF)
- Grain & oilseed production in the Peace region (3 MB PDF)
- Cattle production in the Central Interior (4 MB PDF)
- Wine grape & tree fruit production in the Okanagan (4 MB PDF)
- Livestock & horticulture crops on Vancouver Island (3 MB PDF)